Monday, February 9, 2009

Christmas in IF


We spent a full week up in Idaho Falls over Christmas. There were 17 people staying at my parents house and there were 21 for dinner if Reese, Emily, and Kindee (their little girl) came for dinner. It was fun but quite chaotic. I think it was a little disturbing for Anna since she is used to a quiet house and the week in Idaho was anything but quiet. It was fun having everyone home for Christmas though. It has been 13 years since that has happened and we don't know if it will happen again. Anna did pretty well on the drive. She would have made it there with no problems except we got slowed down for a half hour by an accident between Ogden and Brigham City. She started crying at Blackfoot (which is only 20 minutes from home) and so I talked to Anna for the entire time and planned out her whole life for her. I talked about high school, college, the family we were going to see and was very glad to get to my parents because I was running out of ideas. It kept her pretty calm though. The ride back went better but we did have to stop for a lunch break for her. No more 3 hr. and 15 min. drives to Idaho.

No comments: